Thursday, January 20, 2005

Pastels

A favorite medium of mine is pastels. Chalk. Love it. A few years ago, I realized that I needed to GET MORE. That day, I took myself on an Artist's Date to Jerry's Artarama, and what ho! They were having a sale! Still, I spent a small fortune. Can't help myself.

I should just commit myself to making my own pastels. I make my oil paints. Just getting lazy in my old age...and there are already some terrific pastels on the market!

So...here are a couple of little drawings. One, inspired by the sight of my tomatoes in the screen room, ripening in the winter sun...and the other, well... A little boy was snatched in Miami yesterday...and found last night...and I've been seeing his face every couple of hours. The last time...I was in the middle of sketching something else...and that face was so dear.

Back to work!

No comments: